Aligning for Health is proud to support the Leveraging Integrated Networks in Communities (LINC) to Address Social Needs Act of 2021, soon to be introduced in Congress by Senators Dan Sullivan (R-AK) and Chris Murphy (D-CT). Aligning for Health held a webinar to celebrate the launch of this important legislation. The webinar featured remarks from bill sponsors Senators Dan Sullivan (R-AK) and Chris Murphy (D-CT), along with panel remarks from the following experts in health equity and social determinants of health:
- Sue Brogan, Chief Operating Officer & Alaska 2-1-1, United Way of Anchorage
- Virginia Barnes, Director, Blue Health Initiatives, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
- Anne Diamond, President, Bridgeport Hospital and Executive Vice President, Yale New Haven Health System
The LINC to Address Social Needs Act will provide seed funding to States to establish statewide or regional public-private partnerships to better coordinate health care and social services, leveraging local expertise and technology to overcome longstanding challenges in linking people to health, food, housing, child development, job training, and transportation supports and services.
Resources on the LINC to Address Social Needs Act
- Bill text
- Press release from Sen. Sullivan (R-AK)
- Press release from Sen. Murphy (D-CT)
- Press release from Aligning for Health
- LINC website
For more information on the LINC to Address Social Needs Act, contact Aligning for Health at email@example.com.