Social Determinants Accelerator Act of 2019 (H.R. 4004/S. 2986)
Previously, Congress introduced the Social Determinants Accelerator Act (SDAA) in 2019. In December 2020, Congress incorporated provisions of SDAA into its Fiscal Year 2021 Appropriations package. The accompanying Joint Explanatory Statement for the Departments of Labor-HHS-Education included $3M in funding to establish a Social Determinants of Health Pilot Program to create Social Determinants of Health Accelerator Plans, as described in the House-passed Report Language. More information can be found in our press release following the announcement.
The CDC is in the process of issuing grants to State, local, territorial, and Tribal jurisdictions to support the development of the Social Determinants of Health Accelerator Plans to fulfill this provision of the end of year appropriations package. The notice of funding opportunity for these grants can be found here.
More information on the Social Determinants Accelerator Act of 2019 can be found below:
- Bill Text: H.R. 4004, S. 2986
- Supporters and Endorsement Letters
- List of all supporters for H.R. 4004/S. 2986
- Letter to House Energy & Commerce Committee, January 2020
- Aligning for Health Coalition Letter, July 2019
- America Forward Coalition Letter, July 2019